Vitra AC 4 Office Chair by Antonio Citterio
Antonio Citterio AC 4 Office Chair by Vitra. The aesthetic quality of this dynamic looking office chair, with its distinctive and ergonomic design, makes it a welcome addition to any office space. Most of the time, office chairs either emphasize their aesthetics or their functional properties. In contrast, AC 4 subtly integrates its ergonomic properties. The innovative technology is neither showy nor hidden under foam padding. In this way, AC 4 features both uncompromising functionality and reserved elegance. Available with a wide variety of upholstery choices/finishes. Please e-mail us your preference after placing an order.
The aim behind the structural design of AC 4 was to discreetly integrate the functional elements required for optimal comfort. Up until now, the design of office chairs has emphasised either their aesthetic appearance or their functional features. By contrast, the integration of ergonomic features in AC 4 is so subtle that its sophisticated structural components remain concealed. It achieves a balance between the most advanced ergonomic functions and an unobtrusive appearance: the innovative technical features of AC 4 are neither put on display, nor are they hidden beneath foam padding. AC 4 is an emblematic object with an elegant appearance and uncompromising functionality, ideally suited for refined offices and conference spaces.he oiled solid wood table tops give Compas Direction an individual touch. With its compact dimensions, the table is ideal for the contemporary, largely paperless, home office, where it cuts a fine figure. Height adjustable. Without adjustable lumbar support.
AC 4 office chair is a creation by Italian designer Antonio Citterio. The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.
Please note that we offer the standard AC 4 Office Chair without adjustable lumbar support. Also available with lumbar support (please contact us for pricing).
- Furniture type: office swivel chair complying with EN 1335/Seal of Ergonomic Approval.
- Synchronizing mechanism: with automatic initial setting of the backrest tension to the user's weight. Additional fine-tuning of tension possible.
- Backrest and seat: self-supporting backrest structure with vertical cushion chambers sewn in place. Backrest supports in die-cast aluminum, polyurethane foam seat upholstery.
- Armrests: fixed, polished die-cast aluminum ring armrests for conference areas.
- Base: base polished die-cast aluminum with double-casters (diameter of 2 3/8") in basic dark.
- Upholstery: select from a wide variety of options
- Upholstery samples: available upon request
Vitra Product Code: 421 943 00
Material: die-cast aluminum, polyurethane foam seat, upholstery
Height: 39 1/4" - 43 1/2" (adjustable)
Use: indoor, office
Shape: office chair
Product Category: furniture, office chair
Style: modern, contemporary
View all from Antonio Citterio
View all from Vitra
Available for Order.
Usually ships in 8-12 weeks.